Friday 14 September 2007

Thursday Fluidity I Day Nine

Today was Parelli Games Tournament day! This proved to be great fun and I realised Roget and I (left doing squeeze over a barrel whilst sitting in a chair) could do a lot more than I thought we could and under the time pressure too!

It wasn't a real tournament with winners and losers, but you could score yourself and there were different point scores depending upon the difficulty of the task performed, for example, I performed the tarp test at liberty and scored 40 points, but I completed the circling from a chair test at a trot on line and that scored 10 points. But always remember "It's not about the points - it's about the relationship"!

The whole point of the tournament was to provide the 7 games with a purpose, to have fun and to test the relationship and communication level you currently have. It will highlight any areas that you are doing well in, but more importantly show areas where more effort is required to plug the holes that may be there. Roget and I did most of the tasks well - sideways, squeeze, porcupine, driving and friendly but our circling game sucks! We definitely need to improve here........

2 comments:

Gareth Jones said...

Nothing new there... your circling game was always a wet flannel ;) You kept letting Dillon in for cuddles all the time. Love you X X X

Anonymous said...

Parelli games tournement sounded like great fun. The photo are really good, looks as if your having a fantastic time. Thanks we received your post card great scenary. I shall call Gareth today to see also OK. I am sure it will be. take care. Mum